WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - With expectations high for the Lycoming College football team in 2012, the team was shocked during its opening week when the College at Brockport posted a 24-2 win at David Person Field as part of the MAC/NJAC Challenge. This year, the Warriors are out for a bit of revenge, as they travel to New York for the first time since 2008 to face the Golden Eagles at Fauver Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 7. (note the stadium change)
The Warriors, who were selected to finish first in the Middle Atlantic Conference Preseason Coaches’ Poll, are brimming with talent, which includes three Preseason All-Americans in seniors Kabongo Bukasa and Dwight Hentz and junior Tanner Troutman.
The Golden Eagles were selected to finish fifth in the New Jersey Athletic Conference preseason poll after finishing 6-4 in 2012.
• Senior Zack Czap needs one more field goal to become the fourth player in school history to hit 20 in a career.
• Junior Tyler Jenny needs two more touchdown passes to become the 12th quarterback in school history to throw 20 in a career.
• Junior Craig Needhammer needs one more rushing touchdown to enter the top 10 in the school’s career record book, where Jared Morris (1999-02) and Kevin McVey (1976-78) sit with 16.
• Senior Dwight Hentz needs 1.5 more sacks to become the 24th player in school history to notch 15 in a career.
• Lycoming is 38-24 (.613) all-time in season-openers.
• The Warriors led the MAC in rushing defense (87.8), scoring defense (8.93), kickoff return yardage (23.4), punt return yardage (13.22) and turnover margin (+1.00) in 2012.